ReWalk is a wearable, motorized exoskeleton suit which was developed by Argo Medical Technologies Ltd (Israel). ReWalk tool enables wheelchair users with lower-limb disabilities to stand, walk, and even climb stairs.
ReWalk provides user-initiated mobility by leveraging advanced motion sensors, sophisticated control algorithms, on-board computers, real-time software, actuation motors and tailored rechargeable batteries.
ReWalk does it all for the user, while leaving the user in full control. Users walk with the assistance of crutches and control movement by creating subtle changes in center of gravity. Participation in mobility control comes naturally and intuitively, bringing tangible health and emotional benefits. ReWalk restores the element of control over mobility so lacking for wheelchair users.
On May 8, 2012 BBC News informed, that paralysed woman Claire Lomas has finished London Marathon after 16 days. She has become the first person who completed a marathon in a ‘bionic’ suit. This suit was ReWalk Exoskeleton.
1. Argo Medical Technologies Ltd. – Mode of access: http://www.argomedtec.com/.
2. Restoring Upright Mobilty. – Mode of access: http://www.argomedtec.com/pdfs/restoring-upright-mobility-Eng.pdf.
3. Up-Stairs.jpg. – Mode of access: http://www.argomedtec.com/downloads/Up-Stairs.zip.
4. To-ReWalk-3.jpg. – Mode of access: http://www.argomedtec.com/downloads/To-ReWalk-3.zip.
5. ReWalk.wmv. – Mode of access: http://www.argomedtec.com/downloads/ReWalk-by%20Argo-Nov-2007.zip.
6. ReWalk. – Mode of access: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReWalk.
7. BBC News – ‘Bionic’ woman Claire Lomas completes London Marathon. – Mode of access: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17993485.
8. CBBC Newsround – ‘Bionic’ woman finishes London Marathon after 16 days. – Mode of access: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/17987995.
1 The downloadable material in site of Argo Medical Technologies Ltd. is public domain and may freely be used for any proper cause (http://www.argomedtec.com/downloads.asp).