Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) example of Multiple Document Interface (MDI), based on extended Qt code.
Screenshot of “OGLeMDI” Application.
“OGLeMDI” demonstrates implementation of the main instruments for work with 3D vector images. Source code of this application (extensible Qt-project) can be a base for creation of software with using of the 3D engineering graphics.
“OGLeMDI” application exhibits the following developed solutions, extensions and improvements for present Qt library:
– Organization of code with ability of using the basic necessary graphical instruments, processing and storage of the appropriate data (at first order – encapsulation of code, which belongs to the OpenGL layer);
– Ability to work with several 3D drawings (or different views of the same drawing) simultaneously;
– Initialization of the drawing environments according to the user defined settings;
– Making the vector drawings by means of developed code of basic 3D elements (Point, Line, Face, Mesh) with possibility of creation of another such elements on base of them;
– Implementation of methods for processing the mouse events (mouse’s wheel rotation, clicks and motion for scaling, rotation around axes and translation of the current drawing, accordingly);
– Ability of selection of the graphical entities;
– Presence of several kinds of rendering of images (by points, wireframe or solid);
– Changing the actual basic views of opened drawings;
– Managing with opened images and navigation through them;
– Obtaining of the information about actual drawings and used software;
– Organization of access to help information.
Documentation of “OGLeMDI” Application.
Executable codes (freeware) for Windows (7 589 KB) and Ubuntu Linux (8 206 KB) operating systems are ready for downloading.