KUKA Aktiengesellschaft (Germany) is one of the world’s leading suppliers of robotics as well as plant and systems engineering.
In 1973 KUKA created the world’s first industrial robot with six electromechanically driven axes, known as FAMULUS. Today the company’s 4 and 6 axis robots range from 3 kg to 1300 kg payloads, and 350 mm to 3700 mm reach, SCARAs, palletizers, gantry and articulated robots, all controlled from a common PC based controller platform.
Robots of KUKA are widely used in factories for welding operations, loading, palletizing, packaging, processing and other automated operations, as well as in hospitals in the area of brain surgery and radiography.
1. KUKA. – Mode of access: http://www.kuka.com/.
2. KUKA. – Mode of access: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUKA.
3. File:Automation of foundry with robot.jpg. – Mode of access: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Automation_of_foundry_with_robot.jpg.
4. KUKA Roboter. – Mode of access: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUKA_Roboter.
5. Industrial robot. – Mode of access: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_robot.
1 This work has been released into the public domain by its Author, KUKA Roboter GmbH.